Tuesday, March 4, 2008

As I was pulling up my blog to post today, I did a search 'one foot in front of the other' and i came across the blog of a man that started his when he was starting his battle with cancer. His blog is so interesting, and so difficult to read. He spent time in Japan, studies Buddhism, is physically very active, and has a very rare type of cancer. It was shocking to read through the blog and really start to really like this man, and really find myself interested in what he has to say, what experiences he has had. Then to see his sister post that he had passed away in january. Just of this year, i just discovered this blog, started in 2005 or 2006, and he is already gone.

What a wonderful thing this blog could be though, to leave behind when you are gone, your inner thoughts, your feelings, the things you have learned in your life. I wonder if someone could learn from me, just one little thing. I wonder if he knows in death he has still touched someone's life and inspired them? Oddly enough, he had several pictures of his walking shoes, just as i do with my running shoes.

I started this blog because i really want to change my life, i have passed through the last 10 years, maybe 15 years always having something I didnt like about myself, about my life. I finally realized, as i will be 34 next month, that i dont want to look back on my life and not see a period where things were really great. Physically, i cant even look back to a time where i can say 'i was in the best shape of my life' or 'i feel better now than i did when i was 20!!' that is what i need. that is what i want to say.

No comments: